Our internal test data showed a reduction of BOD (Biochemical Oxygen Demand) up to 92% and TSS (Total Suspended Solids) up to 82% in the peeler drain effluent using the dewatering auger.
The Water Reclamation System recirculates process water from Vanmark’s abrasive peelers – reducing water usage up to 90%. The skid-mounted system removes peel waste from process water, collecting it to be sold, and recirculates filtered water back into the peeler in a closed loop. It can integrate with and support up to three machines, with each now operating on less than 1.5 GPM (5.7 l/min) of fresh water input. The flow is managed through meters at each machine and progressive overflow design for self-balance.
The filtered water from the settling tank is pumped back to the infeed end of the spray bar system at each peeler. Fresh-water consumption per peeler is reduced to 0.5 – 2 GPM during normal operation. The recycled water will need to be drained/flushed periodically.
- Clean and recirculate peeler water in closed loop to reduce usage up to 90%
- Integrate with and support up to three Peeler/Scrubber/Washer machines
- Skid-mounted for easy installation and start-up
- Flow managed through meters at each machine and progressive overflow design for self-balance
- Sanitary design allows for quick and thorough cleaning